This page will explain how to install a sunstrip with little to no prior experience.
What do I need?
- Sunstrip + Decal if chosen
- Scalpel / Blade
- Window Cleaner
- Microfibre cloth
- Spray bottle with soapy water
- Masking take
- Tape measure (for accurately lining it up)
You can purchase a sunstrip fitting kit here: PURCHASE FITTING KIT
How do I install the sunstrip? IN STEPS:
- Prepare all of the above and have a second person to hand to assist.
- Clean the windscreen with any window cleaner. Do not use polish or quick detailer as the sticker will not bond.
- Choose how low you want the sunstrip to be, and measure each side of the window to an even point and add a piece of masking tape as a guide.
- (If you have an auto light sensor, cut out a piece of masking tape in the shape of it and cover it before this next step)
- Spray the window with soapy water and ensure it has no dry spots around the area you are covering.
- Peel the backing off the sunstrip, and using 2 people, line the sunstrip up and lay it above the marking you created with the masking tape. (The water will allow you to peel this back off if it goes wrong)
- Once you are happy with the size, use the squeegee to firmly press out all of the water. You must do this from the inside out, downwards or away from the centre of the windscreen.
- Use the scalpel to cut the edges, and along the top. For the top, start in the middle and move with moderate speed to avoid jagged cuts and then remove the excess / cutoffs.
- Cut around the light sensor if you have masked it off.
- Peel the backing from the sticker, and place this where you desire, pressing down only on the letters / shapes.
- When removing the second piece of film, make sure you are careful and do not pull the sunstrip off.
- Clean the sunstrip carefully and ensure that you press out all possible bubbles.
Purchase a sunstrip here: PURCHASE SUNSTRIP
Purchase a sunstrip fitting kit here: PURCHASE FITTING KIT