Troubleshooting: LED Steering Wheel Display
A. DISPLAY WON'T CONNECT TO OBD
- When a steering wheel with an LED display is installed, it is important to know that these work via a wireless connection. Ensure that there is no interference, such as a signal jammer.
- Unplug the OBD connector, and turn off the car. Wait 30 seconds. Re-connect the OBD connector and start the car. (If unresolved, perform battery reset. VIEW SECTION C)
B. DISPLAY WONT TURN ON
- The display may be in manual mode. Hold both the < Left and Right > Buttons simultaneously to power the display ON/OFF (This can be changed in the settings menu)
- Turn vehicle off, wait 30 seconds, turn vehicle back on and test display.
- Check wiring is secure and that the display is correctly wired in. If installed by a technician, return vehicle to them or reach out to them for support.
- Battery must have a consistent 12V feed. If the battery is low, this can cause the display to turn off, or cycle through the main screen. Charge the vehicles auxiliary battery and try again.
C. PERFORMING A BATTERY DISPLAY RESET
STEP 1: Remove OBD Connector, & Open Bonnet
STEP 2: Disconnect - Battery Terminal
STEP 3: Leave Decoupled for 5 Minutes
STEP 4: Re-connect Battery Terminal
STEP 5: Reconnect OBD Connector
STEP 6: START Vehicle, Test Display
D. PERFORMING HARD RESET ON DISPLAY
STEP 1: Remove OBD Connector, & Open Bonnet.
STEP 2: Disconnect - Battery Terminal.
STEP 3: Leave decoupled whilst working on display.
STEP 4: Put a small piece of tape on each button, to hold them in place.
STEP 5: Unscrew the clear panel on the front of the display.
STEP 6: Locate the main plug (RED PLUG) and disconnect this. Check for damage / check this is clean. (Do not touch other components)
STEP 7: Re-attach this plug, and ensure it is secure.
STEP 8: Re-install the display cover.
STEP 9: Re-connect the battery terminal.
STEP 10: START the vehicle and test display. Please note, the wheel may be in manual mode (SEE SECTION E)
F. MANUAL TURN ON/OFF
The display may be in manual mode. Hold both the < Left and Right > Buttons simultaneously to power the display ON/OFF (This can be changed in the settings menu)
G. BOOKING IN FOR REPAIRS
To book in for diagnostics on an LED wheel, and for repair work, please contact us via email: Info@diversionstores.com
If we require your steering wheel for a period of time, we will aim to provide a temporary wheel for you to install in the meantime.
Work completed on steering wheels will be charged at our hourly labour rate of £99.00 Inc VAT. Excluding warranty work.
Diversion Stores Limited accepts no responsibility for incorrect use, and reserves the right to refuse to work or make any alterations to items that have been installed by third party, misused, tampered with, or damaged in any way.